Sunday, January 25, 2015

Roman Road Quilt

8/20/2014

I was going to give this to a particular person but changed my mind for personal reasons and decided to give this to someone else. I need to sew the blocks together but suddenly my sewing room needs to be reconfigured and the sewing is getting suspended for a few days. 

Here is a pic of the work so far. The design has two different names. So take your pick, "Roman Road" or "Rail Fence".

Quilt Top .. Unfinished.  Blocks are laid out, but not sewn together yet.








10/122014

A few years ago, I was given some xmas print flannel fat quarters.  At the time, I had an idea for a quilt, but never got around to making it.  About this time last year, another idea began to pop up in my mind.  So, I made this Roman Road..or Split Rail Fence .. depending on where you are from and the name you associate to it.

My nephew, Josh, requested a quilt from me 'someday', 'my choice'.  He likes to sleep, veg out on the sofa, etc..so thought that a sofa throw would be what I made for him.


Backing




I finally got the quilt top finished and sent off to Terri Clark (Salmon Creek Quilting) to have it long-armed.  I gave it to my nephew for Xmas.  He was thrilled when he saw it.  Hope it lasts him a long time.

http://salmoncreekquilting.com
https://www.facebook.com/SalmonCreekQuilting

Here is the finished piece:



No comments:

Post a Comment